UKC

The Auterstone Boulders, Pooley Bridge

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Emilio Bachini 02 Jan 2021

Afternoon all. I'm just scouting out some local boulders and have come across  The Auterstone Boulders but after a quick look at the maps, approach description and google maps, I'm not convinced. Any chance anyone has a more detailed account of the approach or can clarify whether the location is correct? Many thanks in advance, Emilio. 

Jim Lancs 02 Jan 2021
In reply to Emilio Bachini:

I think you're right to be confused. I haven't been but I thought the Auterstone Boulders were along the lake a bit, near Auterstone Farm, Auterstone Wood and Auterstone Crag.   (GR 458 214 )

deacondeacon 02 Jan 2021
In reply to Emilio Bachini:

When I was little we had a caravan where the indicator in the logbooks is. I think it was called How Town Farm. It had a little crag in it which  (from memory of an 8 year old) definitely had some good. Solid rock to  boulder on. I've often been tempted to have a look. 

John Kettle 02 Jan 2021

I've not been to them but having lived at Howtown (just down the road) it looks like they're in the talus below the Arthurs Pike Crags (has a small distinctive slab on it), about 800m NE along the bridleway from the Swarthbeck Gill Boulders.

Personally I'd approach as for Swarth Beck boulders (in the Lakesbloc guide) and then detour to check them out.

Post edited at 20:20
 petegunn 02 Jan 2021
 deacondeacon 02 Jan 2021
In reply to petegunn:

Elephantopus looks brilliant! 

In reply to petegunn:

Hi Pete, am I right in thinking the marker on the  The Auterstone Boulders is very much in the wrong place then? 

Jim Lancs 03 Jan 2021

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...