UKC

The Bunker, Portland

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jeff Ingman 11 Jul 2020

Just a comment about a very pleasant stay at the Bunker in Portland last week. With a lot of the usual climbing destinations "out of bounds" this is a good option. Good accommodation and local climbing knowledge from Sally and Tony who run the place. Comfy beds, good food, hot showers and up to the minute information. I have no commercial interest in this bunkhouse, just found it very pleasant!

With the current wierd situation there are a lot of climbers on Portland, some living dirtbag and keeping a low profile. Fine if you like that sort of thing, but there are other options if you want a few comforts!

Cheers......Jeff

skellymax 16 Jul 2020
In reply to Jeff Ingman:

Couldnt agree more Jeff, recently spent a few days there and had a great stay, it's warm and clean, well located for access to the crags and serves great breakfasts plus Tony and Sally are lovely hosts, cant think why anyone would want to rough it nearby when The Bunker is just soooo good

x Jude x 18 Jul 2020

Which area’s where ‘out of bounds ‘ please ?  I  was thinking of a trip down there soon but wanted to be respectful of local sensitivities 

johnl 19 Jul 2020
In reply to x Jude x:

None of the Portland crags are out of bounds, just wild camping, van camping and insensitive parking on the estates. For the campers I believe a field camping spot has opened up towards the Bill.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...