UKC

Topo/Guidebook for Kingussie

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sealwife 28 Jun 2021

Where would I find either a topo or guidebook for Kingussie crag and Comic crag?

im off 28 Jun 2021
In reply to Sealwife:

Kingussie crag is in Highland outcrops. I've got a copy if want a photo of the pages. Is that allowed? Went there once with kids on hol. Was alright. Not heard of comic crag.

I think went to farletter too which had some good routes.

Give us a shout if want a photo of pages. Can't see a topo in the book.

Sealwife 28 Jun 2021
In reply to im off:

I’ve got Highland Outcrops already but it’s quite an old edition.  Not sure if there has been new routes since it was published or not.

Family holiday is why I’m asking too.  Can sometimes get away with getting a climb in with the teens if it’s not too much of a walk in or too much faffing trying to find the crag etc

im off 28 Jun 2021
In reply to Sealwife:

My guide is 1998 edition. Just written description. 

Sealwife 28 Jun 2021
In reply to im off:

Same as mine - apparently more in new edition, so I will buy one.

Phil Tucker 29 Jun 2021
In reply to Sealwife:

Try this link, topo forcomic there, not been though so no idea how good/complete it is

https://www.ochils.com/extras/forms-documents/climbing-mini-guides

Sealwife 29 Jun 2021
In reply to Phil Tucker:

Thanks.  Rest of crag is apparently inmost recent Highland Outcrops South guidebook, so am now sorted.

Hamfunk 29 Jun 2021
In reply to Sealwife:

Yeah, the latest highland outcrops south has photo topos for the upper tier at Kingussie crag and is very well described. Good venue to keep teens occupied - good routes on decent rock, with easy belay setups on top.

The approach is pretty short and scenic through the woods. You can spice up your adventure by taking the devils staircase up the lower tier (behind the massive pine tree on the approach) with only a minor squeeze at the top, maybe best to pass the rucksack through, cutting back on yourself shortly after this to gain the rocky top of the lower tier. You should pass a few abseil stakes. Classic crack and tennis shoe are two lovely textured slabs and can be accessed by walking along the top and taking the short path at the end.

I havent climbed at Comic Crag but it seems very well equiped and the effort that's gone in to the cleaning is impressive.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...