UKC

Triglav north face - Slovene Route

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 DalesClimber 06 Sep 2020

Has anyone been up Triglav recently and is able to report on whether there's any old snow left on the North Face?

We're looking at heading out to do the Slovene Route this week, and are unsure whether boots/crampons are likely to be needed, or whether approach shoes will be sufficient? It's a very last minute plan (after plans a, b, and c fell by the wayside due to Covid) so haven't had much time to research it...

Slovenska smer (III)

d_b 06 Sep 2020
In reply to DalesClimber:

No up to date information but I'm familiar with the area.

They should be able to tell you about conditions at Aljazev Dom, as the most popular walking routes go across the n face.

The camp site at dovje is also a good source of information if you are staying there.

In my experience it takes 2 to 3 sunny days for the n faces to clear after bad weather in summer. If it has been nice then you are probably good to go.

Triglav does have some permanent snow patches high up but pretty sure they won't be a problem.

I would take approach shoes myself. Microspikes if paranoid but probably wouldn't bother.

Post edited at 17:02
OP DalesClimber 06 Sep 2020
In reply to d_b:

Thanks. I think we've ended up deciding not to go after all (a trip to Pembroke is less likely to result in needing to quarantine...), but we'll be planning a trip next year or 2022 instead, so will use your advice then!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...