UKC

Vanning in Europe - work tips please!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 James Smith 09 Oct 2017
My girlfriend and I are heading to Europe in Feb in our converted Sprinter. Our aim is to elongate the trip as much as possible by picking up work where we can in exchange for food/money etc.

Can anyone recommend any good climbers hostels that regularly take people on in this way? We know of the Olive Branch in Chorro but surely this isn't the only one??

More optimistically if anyone is running anything like this and would like any work done please message me!

We're pretty easy on the 'where', so long as it has good (warmish) climbing in Feb. Then thinking ahead we'd be looking at heading to Italy for places like Val di mello and other granite paradises...

I look forward to your collective knowledge...!

James
 MischaHY 10 Oct 2017
In reply to James S:

Orange House are similar from what I'm aware... Not 100% though! http://theorangehouse.co.uk
 Sam Mayfield 11 Oct 2017
In reply to MischaHY:

I think I have seen an email re this and yes we do take "oranges" I stopped this a few years back due to too many at the same time and creating a click which I hated!

The new manager is in charge of who comes when, I will make sure he has replied.

Sam Orange House

P.S We started this scheme waaaaaay before The Olive Branch
 MischaHY 11 Oct 2017
In reply to Sam Mayfield:

Oh I'm sure - just wasn't sure if you still kept up the practice as the info wasn't on the website
 Sam Mayfield 11 Oct 2017
In reply to MischaHY:

No I need to create a new page, and as I said I had a wobble a few years back and threw em all out! I was a big bad meenie!!!!

Since then we have had nothing but great people and we are also listed on Workaway which is usually none climbers, they work much harder lol

Sam Orange
 MischaHY 11 Oct 2017

No worries, probably hard to find people with a work-life balance when employing dirtbag-climbers

That's great, thanks a lot Sam.

I'll look out for the email

James

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...