UKC

Volunteering and climbing oppurtunities

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jcc86 10 Jun 2020

Hi all,

as soon as it is possible to go abroad, I would like to find a volunteeting oppurtunity somewhere I can easily go climbing. The ideal would a workaway in a hostel for climbers, or where I can volunteer in a interesting project, and can meet other  people to go climbing with. Would love to go to Greece, but all other options being explored. Looking forward to hearing other people's experiences and suggestions.

Tall Oak 10 Jun 2020
In reply to Jcc86:

Try Helpx.net

Slabmaster6c 11 Jun 2020
In reply to Jcc86:

Hi, 

I would be interested to join you though not committing now due to COVID restrictions. I would be looking to go for 2-3 weeks. I got off from now until end of August thus very flexible. I would like to go somewhere with Sport climbing. I boulder 6b+-V4 max and have terrible fear of falling thus only sport 5c-6a really. I have a car. The helpx.net website looks like a cool opportunity.

Cheers,

Garethza 11 Jun 2020
In reply to Jcc86:

Check out WOOFING, its basically working on organic farms, you work on most farms for about half a day and then you get the rest of the day off to do as you please, accommodation and food is generally covered. I stayed on a farm in Annecy france for about 2 months and it was great! Although it obviously depends on how relaxed the hosts are  

OP Jcc86 17 Jun 2020
In reply to Slabmaster6c:

Hi, I've emailed you. Get in touch if you want to put a plan together 😊

Lizard Ollie 17 Jun 2020
In reply to Jcc86:

Could combine the two and check out ClimbAID (https://climbaid.org/). I haven't volunteered myself but a friend has and he found it very rewarding. Added benefit of exploring the climbing of Lebanon at the same time. Pretty sure there was a destination article for Lebanon on here recently too.

Ollie

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...