UKC

Wales - Staying overnight

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Danbow73 15 Apr 2021

Hi All 

Hoping someone can enlighten me as to the current rules in wales as I can't seem to find a answer to my question.

I've got my MCI training booked in June and I want to get up to north wales beforehand. My question is if I roughed it in my car for a night or wandered into the hills and wild camped is this allowed from a covid point of view?

Hopefully by June campsites will be open, also public/supermarket/macdonalds toilets. Although Welsh government hasn't confirmed this yet this is what we are expecting and working towards. 

If this is the case I'd say crack on with responsible wild camping or a night dosing in your car for a single night. I'm pretty certain government isn't going to make an announcement that covers wild camping.

As a hospitality worker in Wales I would encourage you to book onto an official campsite and use their facilities unless you are really wild camping a long way from the road, and there are no campsites anywhere nearby.

Post edited at 14:21
OP Danbow73 15 Apr 2021
In reply to mountain.martin:

The problem I have is the course is the first week in June, otherwise I would just delay my visit. I Would always normally use a campsite otherwise unless specifically going into the mountains to camp. 

In reply to Danbow73:

My understanding is that Welsh government is making announcements about the next stage of opening on 14th May. We have a campsite where I work and are fully booked for the end of May Bank Holiday. So we are hoping (but not certain)  for a favourable announcement that will allow us to open for the 28th May.

Welsh Kate 15 Apr 2021
In reply to Danbow73:

Folk are definitely out wildcamping - I have been myself - and I don't think you'd run into any Covid-related problems from responsible wildcamping.

deacondeacon 15 Apr 2021
In reply to Danbow73:

Strictly speaking, Wildcamping wasn't allowed before lockdown anyway. If it's just for one night just go for it, just get away from the honeypot areas before pitching up 🙂

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...