UKC

Walking advice Brenta Dolomites

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JohnnyW 02 Jul 2018

I have been on the Boccette Way half a dozen times, and have finally convinced my wife and youngest grown-up son to come  to the Brenta with me this September to walk. The thing is, she absolutely won't accept any VF or high levels of exposure, so I am planning a kind of circumnavigation, going hut to hut.

I know I have had advice before from guys on here, so I thought I would try again.

Thoughts on my route, particularly in terms of quality of hut options/better ideas? -

Day 1 - Arrive PM, park at Rif Malga Montagnoli 1805m, walk up to the Rif Graffer 2263m for the night

Day 2 - Cross over to the Senterio 301 as far as Malga Spora at 1855m, then take the 334 South, picking up the 322 as far as the Rif. Croz Dell'Altissimo 1430m

Day 3 - Ascend to the Rif. Tosa/Pedrotti 2487m

Day 4 - Cross the Bocca and take the 318 and 328 to the Rif. Tuckett 2270m

Day 5 - Take the 316 and 331 options back to car and drive to Riva.

Thanks in advance

Toerag 02 Jul 2018
In reply to JohnnyW:

Haven't done your itinerary as far as I can tell, but the path from Groste cablecar top station around the western side of the mountain to Rif Tuckett is fine non-exposed walking, as is the path down to Rif Valsinella from Rif tuckett.

The 'VF' Oswaldo Orsi is easy but not suitable - there's a dodgy snow patch and eroded gully which would potentially stop them.

The snow part up from Rif Tuckett to Bocca del Tuckett will be bad if it's iced up in the morning, but I don't think you'll be going that way.

OP JohnnyW 03 Jul 2018
In reply to Toerag:

Thanks. Yeah, I have done pretty much all of the Vfs,  and done some skittering on the vedrettas too, so I know what we're letting ourselves in for

Just trying to keep it easy this time.....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...