UKC

Western Grit, Wed & Thur

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jamie Wakeham 28 Jul 2020

If you were planning to go to the Roaches (mostly upper tier) and Castle Naze on Wed and Thu this week, which order would you do it?

Looks like it's currently a bit damp, so leaving the Roaches till Thursday might give a better chance for it to dry out?  But how are the midges - would we be better going to the Roaches on Wed when there's a bit more windspeed to keep the buggers away?

planetmarshall 28 Jul 2020
In reply to Jamie Wakeham:

Looks like a fairly vast difference in temperature is forecast - I'd be more inclined to venture onto something North Facing on Thursday provided you don't mind the walk - such as Kinder North or Shining Clough. If you do have a particular affection for hot-to-the-touch gritstone then I'd probably save the Roaches till Thursday.

OP Jamie Wakeham 28 Jul 2020
In reply to planetmarshall:

Yep, forecast quite a bit warmer on Thursday.  I'll give your suggestions some thought!  Thanks.

Offwidth 28 Jul 2020
In reply to Jamie Wakeham:

Ramshaw is good on a hot day, sunny in the morning when cooler and shady in the afternoon. Bosley Cloud is also well worth a look for the classics as you can follow the shade around. Harston Rock in the Churnett has a few amazing classics in the woods. Gibb Tor is east facing as well.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...