UKC

/ where should i go on holiday?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
ebdon on 14 Jun 2018

I had planned 2 weeks cragging in the NW highlands but the weather now looks totally balls, thinking potentially Cairngorms as a backup - although looks pretty grim on the tops next week.

Anyone got any bright ideas (I cant go overseas as i currently don't have a passport) but anywhere else in the UK is fair game (apart from the Peak as i live there)- unfortunately all the best bits are on the West coast where all the crap weather seems to be!

Alternatively should I just drink myself to oblivion and burn all my climbing kit in defiance to the weather gods?

alan moore - on 14 Jun 2018
In reply to ebdon:

Don't think you should base a two week trip on a weather forecast. Go anyway, be prepared for some disappointments and some successes...

Pursued by a bear - on 14 Jun 2018
In reply to ebdon:

I'm off to Northern Ireland next week.  Saturday looks pants but the rest of the week seems rather pleasant.

T.

teh_mark on 14 Jun 2018
In reply to ebdon:

According to this afternoon's research: not the Alps.

wercat on 14 Jun 2018
In reply to ebdon:

cycling round Norfolk and Lincolnshire?

Trangia on 14 Jun 2018
In reply to ebdon:

Weather in the SE is looking good. It usually is, so how about the challenge of Southern Sandstone....? 

Or if that's not your scene Swanage is usually good weather wise too and the sea cliff climbing is good too.

Or Wye Valley? or even Cornwall or Lundy?

No passport required!

Post edited at 18:26
ebdon on 14 Jun 2018
In reply to Trangia:

Cheers guys some good suggests apart from the Lincolnshire one! I grew up in SW london and unfotunatly have had my fill of southern sandstone. Currently thinking either Northumberland then if its get better E scotland or a tour of Devon and Cornwall  where it looks wet but at least it will be warm

Toerag - on 15 Jun 2018
In reply to ebdon:

What do you want to do, walk or climb? How about Guernsey and it's associated islands?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.