UKC

Wilton 1 to 4

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 David Coley 15 Oct 2021

Hi

I've never been, sorry.

Are conditions likely to be good this weekend or is it the kind of place that needs the sun, so I'd be better off at stanage?

Thanks 

tomsan91 15 Oct 2021
In reply to David Coley:

It has been very dry up in the north this October, very sunny today so conditions should be reasonable whichever crag you choose. 

Post edited at 15:25
 stubbed 15 Oct 2021
In reply to David Coley:

Can get midgey in Wilton

Sean Kelly 15 Oct 2021
In reply to David Coley:

All the popular routes which are often climbed should be OK Dave. One or two corners can get greasy such as Canopy in Wilton 3, and the big wall to the right of the Prow. The excellent routes on the Prow are fine. Also Central Crack and Shivers Arete should be ok too. A red flag means the gun club could turn up, and gives climbing an extra edge!

Lankyman 15 Oct 2021
In reply to Sean Kelly:

> A red flag means the gun club could turn up, and gives climbing an extra edge!

Nothing like a few bullets thwacking against the rock to up your grades!

Paul Evans 16 Oct 2021
In reply to David Coley:

You'll be fine David. Wilton 1 is owned by the BMC so you don't need to worry about shooting. The gun clubs own Wiltons 2, 3 and 4 but climbers have priority on Saturdays. Plenty to do and should be in reasonable nick. 

You may find shooters in 2, 3 or 4 on a "climbers priority" day (I found some in 2 once) but when approached politely they're very reasonable, acknowledge that we have priority, and just asked for 15 mins to pack up. 

Cheers

Paul

Jackspratt 16 Oct 2021
In reply to David Coley:

Was there yesterday, loads was in good knick/nick/nik?!

OP David Coley 19 Oct 2021

Thanks everyone, we had a great day out 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...