UKC

Woodcroft Quarry - scree on the upper tier

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jalien 21 Jul 2020

A question for locals and access-type people...

In Woodcroft quarry, there are sections of the upper tier that are covered in loose scree; it can be tricky to avoid dislodging any down to the lower tier, hopefully avoiding anyone climbing below!

Is there any good reason not to do a bit of tidying up, and shovel some of this scree over the edge? It feels like it could make the upper tier safer both for those underneath and those traversing it.

Wintour's Leap

The Pylon King 21 Jul 2020
In reply to jalien:

Yeh shovel it over. Just be careful of Peregrines and Whitebeams.

OP jalien 21 Jul 2020
In reply to The Pylon King:

Whitebeam is the tree, right? I hadn't thought of the peregrines, hence asking here! Not sure when i might get over to woodcroft, but I'll take a shovel next time i go. Cheers

The Pylon King 21 Jul 2020
In reply to jalien:

It was a sort of half joke. It may be a good idea but i'd wait for other opinions before going ahead as there may be a very good reason (that I have overlooked) not to.

bpmclimb 23 Jul 2020
In reply to jalien:

I would confine it to stones very obviously about to fall any minute, and (to state the obvious) make certain that no-one is below .... you can't easily see down to the belay areas, and shouting isn't fail-safe - people may be there, but not everybody is comfortable with shouting back. Perhaps have a mate over the other side as look-out.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...