UKC

Your favourite campsite for Eastern Grit?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Oujmik 18 Feb 2013
Planning to make a few short notice trips to the Eastern Grit this spring when the weather looks nice. Where would you recommend to camp?

Would prefer somewhere quiet without lots of rowdy groups with TV's, fridges, kitchen sink etc. and a shower is a must or I'll be climbing without a partner!
 riff156 18 Feb 2013
In reply to Oujmik:

The quietest campsite would be northlees and it does have showers and you can walk to stannage from there

steve
 Caralynh 18 Feb 2013
In reply to Oujmik:

Haven't camped for ages due to having a van now, but I remember Hardhurst farm was nice, and near a pub. North Lees brings back memories of camping on a swamp. Walkable to Stanage though, if that's a deciding factor for you.
 ChrisBrooke 18 Feb 2013
In reply to Oujmik: I usually camp at Hard Hurst Farm. Convenient for Stanage, Bamford etc. Decent showers. Can be busy and noisy - often used by DofE groups. Good cooked breakfast onsite too.
 ripper 18 Feb 2013
In reply to ChrisBrooke: As above, exactly
 Mark Collins 18 Feb 2013
In reply to Oujmik: North Lees. As well as walking to Stanage in one direction, you can walk to Hathersage in the other; shops, pubs, etc.
 deacondeacon 18 Feb 2013
In reply to Oujmik: If it's winter North Lees is great but isn't too good once it warms up. It suffers from midges badly and short notice trips are difficult as you tend to have to book in advance once the weather gets better.
Hardhurst farm has possibly the best breakfast in the peak district, fried derbyshire oatcake anyone?
My favourite was Eric Byne as it tends to still be pretty quiet even in summer although no showers.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...