/ 395 climbers on everest in a day.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
beardy mike - on 17 May 2019

Amazing feat of alpinism when you consider some of them completed the climb with their helmets on back to front...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2852410394983110&set=pcb.2852420611648755&type=3&theater

pneame - on 17 May 2019
In reply to beardy mike:

But that's the new trend - haven't you seen how people wear baseball caps?

beardy mike - on 17 May 2019
In reply to pneame:

I was worried the chap got so low on oxygen that he managed to put his head on back to front that morning.

mrphilipoldham - on 17 May 2019
In reply to beardy mike:

Indeed, he's actually already hit the summit and is returning to camp in the photo!

derryclimbs - on 17 May 2019
In reply to beardy mike:

"Join the queue, I think there's a good view at the top"

john arran - on 17 May 2019
In reply to beardy mike:

How long would it take for someone who wanted to get to the summit without being taken there on the train so walking by the side and self-supported, to be whipped into line by peer pressure?

Name Changed 34 - on 18 May 2019
In reply to john arran:

If like me they are strong sturdy Yorkshire stock. You use the world Make-way   Or coming through

when the plebs or so  engrossed in fake book or headphones a Kick up the hole work well 

as you pass asking why  did I come here on this day and at this time  

just looked at the picture at first I thought that it was a line of prayer flags 

Post edited at 08:16
colinakmc - on 18 May 2019
In reply to beardy mike:

Tourism, not mountaineering. For a nostalgic antidote try Wade Davis’s book, “Into the Silence”

Not much silence in evidence now!

Post edited at 08:29
beardy mike - on 18 May 2019
In reply to Name Changed 34:

Have you been smoking opium soaked finest moroccan? I hardy understood a word of that...

jon on 18 May 2019
In reply to beardy mike:

> I hardy understood a word of that...

Despite it being edited for clarity!

John Stainforth - on 12:04 Fri
In reply to beardy mike:

The picture of a line of climbers approaching the summit of Everest is definitely the most ridiculous mountaineering picture I have ever seen.

L Bojo on 13:12 Fri
In reply to John Stainforth:

> The picture of a line of climbers approaching the summit of Everest is definitely the most ridiculous mountaineering picture I have ever seen.

Just seen that pic. Had to explain to Mrs. BoJo that from where the picure was taken to the summit was something more than a five or ten minute walk at the best of times. I think Sir Edmund H would have been horrified

Post edited at 13:13
In reply to John Stainforth:

Imagine nearing the summit but you have to stand in line for the Hilary step for 2+ hours. Plenty of time to consider what a joke that is. Unfortunately it seems this has cost lives. 

leon 1 on 16:43 Fri
In reply to purplemonkeyelephant:

Unfortunately you are correct there

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-48395241

birdie num num - on 17:19 Fri
In reply to beardy mike:

When me and Mrs Num Num strolled up to the top last year we said we’d never go back because there was no cafe

john arran - on 17:39 Fri
In reply to birdie num num:

Apparently the cafe closed because they couldn't get the water hot enough to make a good brew.

And the ice cream van wasn't popular.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.