UKC

Advice for a training course?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 rob malik 25 May 2012
Hi again guys.

A small group of us have been very interested on getting a training course for survival high up on mountains in poor conditions. Just to gain knowledge and understanding of bad weather conditions, orientation, directions, survival. We have quite a bit of basic experience, done Mont Blanc, but never experienced really poor conditions. So would like to improve before stretching ourselves out more.

So has anybody experienced these kinds of lessons with a group/company in the UK?

Thanks guys
 poeticshambles 25 May 2012
In reply to rob malik: Sounds a great idea. I would love to do something like this myself. I shall watch thread in the hope of some good answers.
 alan_davies 25 May 2012
In reply to rob malik: Depends where you are but a mate of mine runs a fantastic setup in Aviemore: backcountrysurvival.co.uk
They have a bushcraft leaning but Neil is a very experienced ML and can tailor a course to suit your needs i'm sure.

Al
 alan_davies 25 May 2012
In reply to alan_davies: p.s. he is a bit of a beast and if you ask him to push you that's definitely what you'll get!!
 annieman 25 May 2012
In reply to rob malik: Hi, try giving Dominic a ring at http://www.fieldskills.com/
Sounds like the sort of course that he does.

0845 293 7296

Robin
OP rob malik 27 May 2012
Thanks for the replies guys. I will make a few enquires about it tomorrow and update if any specific courses are available at a good cost.
 Flett 01 Jun 2012
In reply to rob malik: Glenmore lodge aviemore

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...