UKC

Allalinhorn current condition

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 TEdwards 29 Jul 2017
I'm heading to the alps in a couple of weeks. Does anyone know the current condition of climbing Allalinhorn on the usual route from the Metro?
 nathan79 29 Jul 2017
In reply to TEdwards:

Couple of weeks old but it was okay when I did it. A few obvious crevasses, one big one where they've stuck in a big wooden ladder to get over it.
 streapadair 29 Jul 2017
In reply to nathan79:

Did you happen to notice how the glacier crossing to the Hohlaubgrat was looking, or hear any reports?
 Lakeslina 29 Jul 2017
In reply to streapadair:

We did the Hohlaubgrat 2 weeks ago and the glacier was fine - a couple of small snow bridges, and one slightly trickier one, but nothing too awful. We had a super day.
 Fellover 29 Jul 2017
In reply to TEdwards:

It's fine, about a million people did it today, including a soloist and a dog. Don't know about the Hohlaubgrat condition but a few people did it today as well, so imagine it's ok.
 streapadair 29 Jul 2017
In reply to TEdwards:

Thanks, people. The glacier was near as dammit dry when I did the route before, but that had been a very hot summer.
 ROB W 01 Aug 2017
In reply to TEdwards:

Check out alpinerob face book page think he was over there at weekend or before.
OP TEdwards 07 Aug 2017
In reply to TEdwards:

Thanks guys, all really helpful.
 Pigeon Reaper 07 Aug 2017
In reply to TEdwards:

I did it last week and conditions were excellent. Temps have been high and are causing lots of problems due to melting ice and permafrost on other mountains.
 Ardo 10 Aug 2017
In reply to TEdwards:

Did it yesterday and all fine. Plenty busy, with bridge still in place.
 Lakesben 12 Aug 2017
In reply to Ardo:

Anyone know the conditions now (12/8) after the recent snow. Planning to go up tomorrow and just wondering of anyone has any info
In reply to Lakesben:

Lots of people up yesterday by various routes. All looks good.
 Lakesben 13 Aug 2017
In reply to Blackcountrybill:
Thanks. Busy agsin today and great weather

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...