UKC

Alpine spacing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 veteye 05 Apr 2021

Will we at some point be able to go back to being packed like sardines in an Alpine hut, for a (disturbed) sleep prior to getting up in the early hours, and get on with achieving our mountain dreams and goals? In the next two years?

Suncream 06 Apr 2021
In reply to veteye:

I was last night. The Swiss huts are running at a reduced capacity, but it's more than 50% and doesn't feel covid secure at all.

OP veteye 06 Apr 2021
In reply to Suncream:

So are you wearing some sort of cowl at night, with a filter on it? 

Or just not breathing?   :-}

VictorM 06 Apr 2021
In reply to veteye:

June last year I was in Germany in the Wetterstein massif and the huts were pretty empty. Had a six person room for the two of us. Weather was pretty terrible though...

Suncream 06 Apr 2021
In reply to veteye:

I'm just hoping that none of the (8 or so?) other people in my room were infectious. Masks are supposed to be worn in the hut but obviously people take them off for dinner and then after that no-one seems bothered about it any more. This was the third SAC hut I've stayed in this season and they're all the same, the only solution I see is to go when it's not busy. Easter weekend with wall-to-wall sunshine was always going to be bad I guess.

OP veteye 06 Apr 2021
In reply to Suncream:

I'm not sure of the current state of epidemiology of Covid-19 in Switzerland, nor of how their vaccination status is improving, but that's a consideration before going there (again).

1philjones1 07 Apr 2021
In reply to veteye:

The Swissinfo.ch has regular updates if you’re interested. The situation seems to be getting worse and around 16% of the population have had one dose.

Watching it closely for a planned trip to Zermatt in September which was rolled from last year.

Suncream 16 Apr 2021
In reply to veteye:

As a follow up to this, I note that the Cabane des Vignettes is currently closed, apparently because all the staff got covid. Which comes as no surprise to me. And yet they plan to reopen again on Monday!

streapadair 16 Apr 2021
In reply to veteye:

This was the Margherita dining room last August. And I had a dorm to myself at the Q.Sella.

Jerry67 03 May 2021
In reply to Suncream:

Interesting, as last summer there were no Covid measures at the Dix, but the Vignettes had yellow and black tape out and were trying their best. Hope the old boy and his wife will be OK.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...