UKC

Cairngorms

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
GrahamLing 26 Apr 2012
Im going for a hike to ballatar ,should be a 30 40 mile hike.
I have two days to get there.
Bouaght some leather shoes and alphine bagpack.

will be camping.

going to look at rock climbing mountains, and decide if i want to buy rock climbing equipment in the future.
 d_b 26 Apr 2012
In reply to GrahamLing:

You need to be a bit careful, as an alpine bagpack might not be suitable for scottish conditions. Proper scottish bagpacks have haggis loops and midge flails, which are invaluable when you are shoeing through the deep heather.
In reply to davidbeynon:

Who needs a backpack? An alpine sporran has plenty of room for a can of iron-bru and a mars bar.
 jhw 26 Apr 2012
But where do you store your porridge, essential for mixing with irn bru to make P'orrange...
 d_b 26 Apr 2012
In reply to jhw:

The gorms haven't been completely mined out yet so you can still find the odd porridge outcrop if you know where to look. One of the advantages of a national park!
 James Edwards 26 Apr 2012
In reply to davidbeynon:
As a free lance scientist i feel i should point out that all porridge outcrops within the national park have tripple S.I. status. This of course means that consuming such outcrops with result in tripple the amount of Serious Indigestion. However, all is not lost if you remembered to buy a bagpack with a special hands free compartment for a few Rennies.
Yours helpfully
James e
almost sane 26 Apr 2012
In reply to GrahamLing:
The route from Golfatter to Ballater will set you up to a tee.
almost sane 26 Apr 2012
In reply to GrahamLing:
Scotland has only got one Ballater.
The other is in the Albert Hallater.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...