UKC

Can't find a B3 boot that fits !?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Getoiu 04 Sep 2018

I need some help. How tight should the double boots be?

I've just got my first pair for my trip to Elbrus. I bought them online due to the unavailability in the stores. They are TNF Verto S6K Extreme and fit well-heel has a very slight lift and toes don't touch when kicking. However they are very tight and the toe box is pressing too much from the top so I can't wiggle and actually starts to hurt after a while. I can only wear them with liner socks. They're already 1 1/2 UK sizes larger than my normal shoes.

Is this normal as it looks like all brands are similar? 

In stores I've tried La Sportiva G5 and Spantik and they had the widest toe box that I've tried but the heel area is so narrow that it's unbearable to walk in them. My heels hurt from just testing even an oversized boot. 

Scarpa Phantom 6000 were similar to the S6k - Fit well but the toe box is a bit crammed. They fit 2 1/2 larger than my normal shoe size. 

Am I a freak or they're deliberately designed to not be able to move in them much?

Looks like I might end up renting some plastics when I get to the valley. 

Post edited at 20:16
 Smythson 04 Sep 2018
In reply to Getoiu:

I've wide feet and went with the Phantom 6's however I went with a size up and used a Superfeet insole with a reasonable heel cup to take some space out of the heel whilst leaving room in the toe box. 

Beware anything that puts too much pressure on top of the foot, at 6000m if you lose circulation you lose toes...

S

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...