/ Carrying concept 2 rower up the Gouter Route

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
CMCM 07 Aug 2019

A great cause but I’m not sure it’s a sensible idea tbh...assuming the guy has/gets permission in the first place! The bloke intends to summit Mt Blanc whilst carrying a concept 2 rowing machine for charity! A bit more serious than his foray up Ben Nevis...or am I just being soft?

https://www.facebook.com/1632399763573316/posts/1856236241189666?s=100003032089821&sfns=cl

Post edited at 21:37
deacondeacon 07 Aug 2019
In reply to CMCM:

Genuine question

Why would he need permission to carry something up Mt blanc?

overdrawnboy 07 Aug 2019
In reply to deacondeacon:

Perhaps from his psychiatrist?.

When will people find useful things to do while they gather sponsorship.

I'd be more inclined to support him if he was collecting litter from the route or some other productive use of his time and energy.

Michael Griffith 08 Aug 2019
In reply to CMCM:

The mind boggles. Why not carry a fridge or a prophylactic vending machine, or an Austin Seven - I'm sure that hasn't been done before.

McHeath 09 Aug 2019
In reply to CMCM:

Bet the Chamonix MR team ist really looking forward to the 30th of August. 

eschaton 09 Aug 2019
In reply to overdrawnboy:

Is raising over 10,000 single handedly (so far) for a charity that helps veterans struggling with ptsd and in many cases suicidal and raises awareness alongside not a productive use of his time and energy?

eschaton 09 Aug 2019
In reply to Michael Griffith:

Because he will row the height of mt blanc when he gets there, has that been done before?

teh_mark 09 Aug 2019
In reply to eschaton:

Indeed. I think it's more a sad reflection on society that these sort of stunts are necessary to grab attention than on the guy doing it - assuming he has the capabilities to make it a realistic challenge without becoming someone else's burden of course.

Bon courage!

Post edited at 00:22
1philjones1 09 Aug 2019
In reply to CMCM:

It’ll be interesting to see what the Mayor of St Gervais says about this. As we know, he’s becoming more and more strict about ‘access’ to the Gouter route and I don’t recall seeing a Concept rower on the required kit list that the gendarmes have been given to check!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.