UKC

Chamonix - places to leave a bag (and collect) at

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Wonrek 07 Mar 2018

I'm super excited that I've planned a trip to Chamonix in July to recce the PTL route prior to the race in August.

We're a group of three women, all experienced in running in the Alps but this will be stepping out of our comfort zone by a fair way, the route has in previous years included ridges akin to grade 3+ scrambling at altitude! In Scotland you notify mountain rescue if you're heading out to do anything really committing leaving return details etc. Is there a similar system in operation over there?

Also we're likely to be arriving late on Monday evening but not booking any accomodation as we plane to spend the entire time up on the trail. We're also no planning anything when we finish and just going to head straight back.

Is there somewhere in Chamonix that we can leave a bag with a change of clothes etc whilst we are up on the trail so we don't offend the other people on our return flight?

Thanks!

Wonrek

In reply to Wonrek:

By my knowledge there's little to no lockers in cham to keep bags in (big gap in the market). When i was there i wanted to leave stuff in the valley to save weight so i stashed things in a dry bag and hid it on the edge of town in some bushes.

Was always there when i got back. Wouldn't leave anything too expensive mind.

Good luck with the route. 

Post edited at 15:14
 phildavies84 07 Mar 2018
In reply to Wonrek:

Try the Vagabond bar / bunkhouse. I think i saw bag storage on their price list when we popped in there last summer. No idea about the cost though.

plyometrics 07 Mar 2018
In reply to Wonrek:

Could be worth contacting some of the hotels, just to see if you could pay a small fee to use their left luggage. If you choose one with a pool, they may also offer you the chance to use the showers.

The Sports Centre may be a good shout too. 

Shame you’re not hanging about to enjoy the fruits of your labour!

Good luck hope you have a great trip.   

In reply to Wonrek:

Next to Moo Bar, by the train station, is a tabac that offers left luggage services.

John Cuthbert 08 Mar 2018
In reply to Wonrek:

Im happy for you to leave your bags at my place in Les Bossons (outside Cham). I've got plenty of room..

John C

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...