UKC

Chiaro di Luna - Aguja Saint-Exupery

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tom Last 29 Mar 2018

Anyone done this or its variation 'Supertrek' and have anything to say about it regarding quality, difficulty, approach, business of route, worthwhileness of travelling ten thousand miles for as a main aim etc.? Just throwing some ideas around.

Cheers,

Tom

GDes 30 Mar 2018
In reply to Tom Last:

Is that the one that Brette Harrington soloed in one of the recent reel rock films? Looks very nice if so

OP Tom Last 30 Mar 2018
In reply to GDes:

That's the one, Ged. It looks like an absolute belter and is on paper at least climbed at an amenable grade - the variant even more so at 6a+ also, as far as I can tell pretty much pure rock route rather than mixed. Thought it might be an obvious target for folks, though probably it's a less we'll know spire rather than the others.  

Cheers. 

Rick Graham 30 Mar 2018
In reply to Tom Last:

Rolo singles it out for special praise in his guidebook.

I know 4 or 5 people who have done it, they always smile when you ask about the route, so I guess its very good.

I have not been to Patagonia ( but the El Chalten guide is my toilet reading atm).

Comparing it to Chamonix routes, I would guess its like climbing O Sole Mio on the Cap, Le Ticket and Super Dupont all in one day. Without bolts and maybe just a bit easier than the tough bits of Super Dupont.

OP Tom Last 31 Mar 2018
In reply to Rick Graham:

Thanks Rick - that's good to know. When you put it like that, yeah kind of long! Though hopefully not quite as hard. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...