UKC

Conville course 9-11 June?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 speculoos 30 Mar 2019

Just found out that I've got a place on a Conville course in Chamonix on 9-11 June and wondered if anyone else on here has got a place on those dates?

And if so, what are your travel plans? And will you be sticking around for a few days afterwards? I'm thinking of potentially staying until the Saturday to maximise my time out there..

Thanks, A

gtaylor997 30 Mar 2019
In reply to speculoos:

Also just found out I've got my place on the 12th-14th so can't help with lifts (planning to fly) but I'll definitely be sticking around for a while afterwards and will likely be in the market for partners!

Joe Tkocz 01 Apr 2019
In reply to speculoos:

Been offered a place from 16th-18th June. Again, can't help with transport (trying to weigh up flying vs an overnight coach), but I'm hoping to meet some other course attendees to do some routes afterwards, though I'm not sure how easy it is to find people to get out with. 

CrawfMatt 01 Apr 2019
In reply to gtaylor997:

I'm on the the 12-14th too! Coming from Cardiff but planning on flying. I'll probably stay until at least the next Wednesday 19th but maybe longer depending on getting time off work. 

I'm definitely up for getting out after.

Emlyn Price 02 Apr 2019
In reply to speculoos:

Ive got the same dates as you, looking to stay out there for the week after if youd like to get out woudl be a shame to waste the opportunity!

OP speculoos 02 Apr 2019
In reply to Emlyn Price:

Awesome! Any idea how you’re going to get there? I think I’ll arrive on Saturday eve and stay until the following Saturday eve/Sunday 

Emlyn Price 02 Apr 2019
In reply to speculoos:

Not to sure yet I’ll most likely fly out, planning to stay just the week, same as you but not got any firm plans yet! 

oaty 02 Apr 2019
In reply to speculoos:

I'm on the course 14-16 and will be driving out - I might be able to be flexible on when I'm driving out (i.e. a week earlier), and have at least one space in my van. Haven't solidified my dates yet though so can't promise anything 100%.

OP speculoos 04 Apr 2019
In reply to speculoos:

Have booked my travel now - figured it'd be easier than trying to find lifts! Getting in Saturday eve before the course, and staying until the following Saturday morn.

I'm planning to stay at the Les Chosalets campsite (now known as Camping du Glacier D'Argentiere), and it's apparently a turn-up-and-stay kinda thing. No need to book http://www.campingchamonix.com/?id_page=10

Can't wait!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...