UKC

Ecrins Conditions Update

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Eddie1234 22 Jun 2013
Having spent a few days climbing in the Ecrins, i've posted an update on current conditions on my blog http://roebuckmountaineering.co.uk/blog/ with specific focus on the Glacier Blanc and Barre Des Ecrins area and Mont Pelvoux.
Take a look if your heading out to the area for up to date info.
 Bruce Hooker 22 Jun 2013
In reply to Eddie1234:

Thanks for the info but just one little remark, the dark grey text on a black background is a bit hard to read. Could be my screen but I don't think so.
In reply to Bruce Hooker:

Agreed. Orange might look quite cool!
 David Barratt 22 Jun 2013
In reply to Eddie1234: Heading out in two weeks. update much appreciated.
 OwenF 22 Jun 2013
In reply to Eddie1234:

Where did you get your avalanche/conditions reports whilst in the valley?

Do you know of any other routes that were getting done?
OP Eddie1234 23 Jun 2013
In reply to OwenF: It's pretty difficult to get accurate info in the valleys. The hut guardians can give good info and there is a Maison de la Montagne in Ailefroide. Or you could try the CAF in Briancon.

Ps. Cheers for the feedback on the sight guys.
 Andy Clarke 25 Jun 2013
In reply to Eddie1234: Lower down the valley, there's a Maison des Guides in Vallouise on the main valley road. They publish a detailed daily meteo. If you're interested in popular routes, you can easily find out if they're in nick by checking whether they're taking guided parties up.
 euanw 29 Jun 2013
In reply to Eddie1234: I have spent the last week in Les Ecrins and plan on returning there tomorrow for another weeks mountaineering. Snow conditions were good on the mountaineering routes we were on. Photos and more details can be seen on the ClimbNow.co.uk blog.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...