UKC

Equivalent to OS app for French Alps

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rob Exile Ward 01 Mar 2019

Well, is there?

Doug 01 Mar 2019
In reply to Rob Exile Ward:

As I don't live in the UK I've never looked at the OS's apps, but is this the sort of app you're looking for

https://ignrando.fr/boutique/applis-mobiles-outdoor

?

99ster 01 Mar 2019

You can get the 1:25,000 IGN maps of the French Alps in Viewranger - and just purchase the tiles you need.

robert-hutton 01 Mar 2019
In reply to 99ster: 

> You can get the 1:25,000 IGN maps of the French Alps in Viewranger - and just purchase the tiles you need.

Same for Anquet maps

In reply to 99ster:

> You can get the 1:25,000 IGN maps of the French Alps in Viewranger - and just purchase the tiles you need.

... and for Gaia GPS.

I think, these days it is not so much about what maps you can get for your app, but how easy they are to use and how greedy they are on the battery.

ChrisJD 01 Mar 2019
In reply to 99ster:

And Memory Map.

You can get whole of France at 1:25,000 for £150 at moment, and use across 4 devices.  You can store all the mapping on a micro-sd on your phone (file is about 16 GB).

Andrew Holden 01 Mar 2019
In reply to 99ster:

+1 for view ranger. Helped us get down the valle blanche in a white out. 

philipjardine 01 Mar 2019

http://iphigénie.com/

This gives you you slope angles (very useful for avalanche avoidance) which I dont think the others do.

In reply to philipjardine:

another for iphigénie use it all the time living in the alps.

cheers

philipjardine 01 Mar 2019
In reply to ChrisJD:

150 quid?? iphigenie is 14.99 euros/year.  Sounds like a bit of profiteering going on

ChrisJD 01 Mar 2019
In reply to philipjardine:

It is the whole of France, no further subscription, usable across 4 devices. Can store the whole of France on your phone in a 16 GB file.

We bought it a good few years back and its been good to have direct access on two phones and PCs.

Post edited at 20:54

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...