UKC

Frendo spur

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tommy Harris 03 Oct 2012
As anyone climbed this recently or previously in early November... I know conditions can change daily but looking for info on what condition its normally in around this time of year.

Thanks

Tommy
 Dave Searle 03 Oct 2012
In reply to tscoobydoo: Snowy and Icey. Not really prime conditions would make the difficulty considerably harder as you would have to mixed climb the crux pitches rather than bare hand rock climbing. Better to look at a different objective IMO.

OP Tommy Harris 03 Oct 2012
In reply to Dave Searle:
Thanks Dave, Have you done it in this condition, What mixed grade would it go at.

Tommy
Juki 03 Oct 2012
In reply to tscoobydoo:
It'll be a long walk down because the cable car is closed from early November until mid December.
OP Tommy Harris 03 Oct 2012
In reply to Juki:

Juki

am planning on being back down in valley on 4th... think this is the last day of running for the lift.

If not il have to walk down the mer de glace..

Tommy
 Ron Walker 03 Oct 2012
In reply to tscoobydoo:
> (In reply to Juki)

>
> If not il have to walk down the mer de glace..
>
> Tommy

You'll have fun....!
 Frank4short 03 Oct 2012
In reply to tscoobydoo: Do some googling for Andy kirkpatrick, frendo spur winter. When he did it in winter conditions I think he said it was something like Scottish grade VII. Basically really hard, took him a couple of attempts and several days to do it on the final successful attempt. I suspect November conditions could either be like that or good rock. Doubt there'd be very much in between those extremes where the weather would be good enough to allow you to climb it.
OP Tommy Harris 04 Oct 2012
In reply to tscoobydoo:
Il see what it looks like closer the time, I dont fancy it in them conditions although i expect it to be fun, If im gonna go hard a may as well do something im a little more interested in. I have walked into it a couple of times now but its always been to hot and had lots of crap coming down it. I may be lucky and have amazing sunshine for a few days to dry the rock, wait and see...

yes and not so fun walking down, think last time it was way over three hrs and my feet were pretty done in.. did tick off the midi plan on the way down though

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...