UKC

gloves for via ferrata

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tom.fox 07 Aug 2018

off to canazei soon.any suggestions?fingerless best?thanks!

Jenny C 07 Aug 2018
In reply to tom.fox:

DIY builders gloves. They will get trashed if you cable haul so a total waste to spend a lot on proper VF gloves. 

d_b 07 Aug 2018
In reply to tom.fox:

Cheap gardening gloves with the fingers cut off work nicely.  You can leave out the cutting part but they aren't so great on rock.

beardy mike 07 Aug 2018
In reply to tom.fox:

I dont use gloves, and instead run the cable through my hand loosely only gripping when you need to. Not had blisters or tears yet in 25 years of doing VF...

gav 07 Aug 2018
In reply to tom.fox:

Cheap bike gloves from Aldi

CPH 07 Aug 2018
In reply to tom.fox:

sturdy gloves; not fingerless.

hauling on stemples or cable on steeper terrain can wear skin.

then your cragging is ruined.

robhorton 07 Aug 2018
In reply to tom.fox:

I found the Beeswift Freezer Gloves for about £5 from our local builders merchants work well. I don't use them all the time but it's good to have the option.

I brough specific LACD via ferrata gloves for a tenner. Thought it was worth it as without would have to spend a fiver anyway on postage.

It wasnt worth it... they were totally bobbins and were  coming apart after only 1 day. Next time i will be going for gardening gloves etc. I wouldnt want to do it without as in a few cases there were sharp rungs or frayed bits of wire.

Maybe with more expeience comes more care and observational skills... but not for me.

Post edited at 17:29
 Trangia 07 Aug 2018
In reply to tom.fox:

I use fingerless sailing gloves with leather palms. They've lasted several years,

OP tom.fox 08 Aug 2018
In reply to tom.fox:

thanks everybody

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...