UKC

Has number 4 gully been upgraded?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tehmarks 14 Dec 2017
I wonder only because the Ben has made it into Red Bull and Kenton Cool's list of '9 of the world's hardest mountains to climb. As has the Eiger and....Font? Font? Mountain? Font!?

https://www.redbull.com/gb-en/kenton-cool-hardest-mountains-to-climb

Seriously, who the 'ck writes this sort of drivel?
 Doug 14 Dec 2017
In reply to tehmarks:

"has climbed all of the world’s highest peaks " Really ? all of them!

(haven't checked but I didn't think he'd climbed K2)
 danm 14 Dec 2017
In reply to tehmarks:

Did you even read the list or did you just flip at the headline? Yes, it's a fluff piece aimed primarily at non-climbers. It also encapsulates pretty well, for such a piece, and considering its provenance, a good spectrum of the arbitrary, pointless pursuit we call climbing. It's got the best "crag" in the world, Mt.Arapiles. It's got the best bouldering, Font. It's got the best big walling, the best mixed climbing, and the pick of both the best alpine and high altitude mountaineering objectives. For a load of drivel, it's pretty well curated.
OP tehmarks 14 Dec 2017
In reply to danm:

I read it while I was on the loo (no direct link meant there), but regardless of how good the content is, you have to admit that it bears no relation to the title of the list. It's like that story you get told at school of the kid who wrote a fantastic answer in an exam to a question which wasn't asked, and scored no marks as a result.
 danm 14 Dec 2017
In reply to tehmarks:

Too much information! Point taken though
 Billhook 14 Dec 2017
In reply to tehmarks:

But what has he climbed on grit?
 danm 14 Dec 2017
In reply to Dave Perry:

> But what has he climbed on grit?

Lol. Funnily enough, I think he's done quite a bit! Used to climb a fair bit with a mate of mine, who was no slouch on the brown, luck-based scrittley stuff.
 Chris the Tall 14 Dec 2017
In reply to Dave Perry:

Saw him give a very funny talk on the Art of Suffering a few years back, taking the piss out of Sheffield climbers (from the viewpoint of someone who had done a fair bit, then moved on to bigger things)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...