UKC

Hut booking on elbrus

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jagster 27 Aug 2017
Hi guys. I'm pre planning a trip to mt elbrus and can't for the life of me find where to book the barrel huts or the leaprus huts. Does anyone have a website or any info on where I need to look.
Cheers .
 pass and peak 13 Sep 2017
In reply to jagster:

I assume your talking South Side and the Barrels just above the Chair lift. There's no real pre booking arrangement, at least not from outside of the Valley. You just turn up and ask the warden if there's space, his portacabin is the one on the right, looking up the hill with your back against the kitchen cabins, might find him in the Cafe as he also runs that, he doesn't speak much English though! When are you thinking of going as its mostley end of season now! Also beware that after the recent storm and the Glacial dam bursting in the Adul- Su valley, the Road is washed out at Elbrus village, there's now a temporary one in place but after rain it also gets washed out. Access last week was by MTC helicopters.
 Axel Smeets 13 Sep 2017
In reply to jagster:

Not entirely relevant to your request for information, but I can recommend the north side of Elbrus. I have no information on hut booking for you but the route is longer and quieter than the south side. Summit day is a nice test as well, with 1,900m of ascent required (12-16hr round trip). The north route meets up with the south route shortly before the summit and it was like joining a motorway compared with the relative tranquillity of the north side.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...