UKC

La Sportiva G2 SM sizing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rick Asher 07 Dec 2020

Hi, wondered how folk found the sizing of these boots compared to other La Sportiva models?

I wear a nepal evo gtx in a 44.5

obviously I need to try these boots on but I wondered if anyone could give a comparable size in the SM?

Gawyllie 07 Dec 2020
In reply to Rick Asher:

If it helps I take the same size (45) in both my Batura's and old B3 Trango GTX's as my G2's with an added liner sock in the latter.

OP Rick Asher 07 Dec 2020
In reply to Gawyllie:

How do you find the volume e.g. can you fit a footbed?

JamieH 08 Dec 2020
In reply to Rick Asher:

Hi Rikardo, my current crop of mountain boots: G2 SM (38), G5 (38) and Ribelle Lite Wmn (37.5)

Use: Ama Dablam, Mont Blanc, Matterhorn. 

I wear the lightest Smartwool ski socks at altitude in the G’s and their thinnest liner sock in the Lites. Insole for the G’s is the thinnest semi custom Sidas make. 
However, what’s right for me, may not suit you. So try some on, with the socks and insoles you like, when your feet are cold and small, hot and fat. 
For altitude, ensure you have toe wriggle room, to keep your toes moving and account for swelling, from peripheral edema. 
The latest G2’s are G2 Evo, with the ankle boa dial on the outside of the gaiter. Older models had the dial inside the gaiter, and after a few outings they begin to emerge on the outside! I’ve enjoyed my G2’s on a couple of Ama Dablam ascents, tip toeing up the Yellow Tower and summit days of -20. Jamie 

Jonny 08 Dec 2020
In reply to JamieH:

>what’s right for me,

>may not suit you.

>So try some on,

>with the socks

>and insoles you like,

>when your feet

>are cold and small

>hot and fat. 

That was poetic! (Great advice too).

To the OP, ​Nepal Evo GTXs were good with thin socks in a 45.5 for me (tried on in a shop). I have Spantiks in a 46.5 (too small, even with thermoforming) and I tried the G2s for fun: a 46.5 was about right with thin socks, although I'd probably go for a 47 if I was buying.

I'd say go up one size from the Nepal Evo GTXs to the G2s.

Burly1973 23 Dec 2020
In reply to Rick Asher: I wear 44.5 for other lasportiva, but for my G2 I went for 45... perfect with 1thin and 1 thick socks

Tom Briggs 23 Dec 2020
In reply to Rick Asher:

I take the same size in a Nepal Extreme as G2 SM (46).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...