UKC

Long Stay Travel Insurance that includes climbing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 joe.91 23 May 2022

Partner and I are off to South America for an extended period of time and hoping to visit places such as the Frey, Cochamo, El Chalten, Torres del Paine, Cordillera Blanca and many many others. I'm reaching out to the UKC collective to see has anybody done similar (not specifically South America but more extended climbing trip) and wondered what travel/climbing insurance you took out?

We are roughly planning to travel/trek for 2 months, then climb over the summer in Patagonia (for around 4 months), then travel/trek again during autumn/wet season before climbing again in Peru over the winter. We will have a sport rack the whole time so even when we are 'travelling' we will be climbing.

To cover for a whole year, the BMC are just outrageous (£2500+ for 2 of us) and AAC only cover up to 4 months. Generic long stay travel insurance does not cover climbing outside (only indoors) but I've come across Navigator Travel Insurance that appear to fit the bill.

Has anybody had similar experience or any advise they could share? Thanks in advance!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...