/ Looking for partner - Climbing Alps June/mid July

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
L Marmotter 08 May 2019

I'm a 42yr alpinist, looking for a partner to climb around Arolla, Chamonix and/or the Ecrins in June/mid-July, avoiding the crowds of August. I'm on a sabbatical, so loads of time and well trained. Looking into routes graded anywhere from F to AD. You may be a keen, aspiring alpinist with some training, looking to go out independently. Or someone with more experience who wants to tackle some of the all time classics at the perfect time. Let me know, keen to hear from you.

bogpetre 08 May 2019
In reply to Marmotter:

Add your name to the list:
https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/lifts+partners/summer_alpine_partners-703622?new=8980312#x8980312

I'm free and in Chamonix weeks 1, 3 and 4 of July. Send me a message as the dates get closer. Looking at AD-TD on my end.

L Stu Gerrard 17 May 2019
In reply to Marmotter:

Hi. Looks like our timings and general ambitions coincide, I was looking to do some climbs with a partner from the Albert Premiere and Argentiere huts but he had to drop out with a sudden illness. If my age doesn't put you off - I'm 66 but still fit for purpose - I have a fair amount of experience up to D/D+ in the Southern Alps of NZ and the Bolivian and Peruvian Andes. Recently returned from 28 years in Australia so fairly limited experience so far in the Alps but happy to lead or share leads on any suitable projects. Got flights booked into Geneva on 25th June to 9th July and transfers to Chamonix but could go to other parts if you'd prefer. Let me know what you think.

Stu Gerrard

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.