UKC

Midi Lift, Chamonix

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 pass and peak 17 May 2018

FYI, as of last night the upper section of the Midi lift is out of action and may be broken for some time, only working up to half way! Scuppered my plans today and probably for rest of holiday. 

Fredt 17 May 2018
In reply to pass and peak:

Can you still get to the Midi from Courmayeur?

Pete Houghton 17 May 2018

Let's not forget, also, that the Pierre a Ric is closed because of heavy vehicles needing access to create a new beginners area on the Grands Montets, as is the track joining the top of the Plan Joran footpath (coming up from the campsite at Chosalets) to the Lognan midstation.

Meaning the only way to acess the Argentiere Refuge is via the Lognan cablecar, which is closed until June 26th, or by taking one of the much more roundabout routes, or going under cover of darkness.

Ho hum.

rocksol 17 May 2018
In reply to Pete Houghton:

It's not much further to access Lognan from Les Chosalets which is the way you,re supposed to go if skinning up as Pierre Ric officially is not allowed

Pete Houghton 17 May 2018
In reply to rocksol:

Perhaps you didn't read this bit:

"[Also closed] is the track joining the top of the Plan Joran footpath (coming up from the campsite at Chosalets) to the Lognan midstation."

Mr. Lee 17 May 2018

It's now closed until 27th May due to technical problems.

walts4 18 May 2018
In reply to Mr. Lee:

> It's now closed until 27th May due to technical problems.

Officially its due to a abnormality with the cables according to the statement.

Although the cynic within me, has to wonder for how much longer the granite at the top of the Midi can stay bonded together sufficiently to justify the structural engineer giving the green light to its continued use.

rocksol 18 May 2018
In reply to Pete Houghton:Sorry No I didn't 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...