UKC

Mont Blanc tunnel rules

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 MG 23 Jun 2014
The MOn Blanc tunnel website has the following

"10-trip package: take 10 trips over a period of 24 months, excluding the month of the first trip. This is a 50% discount on the cost of 5 return tickets. For class 1 vehicles, this package costs €127.50."

Two questions:

1) Does this mean you have to buy the 10 tickets and then wait a month before using them? Seems odd if so.

2) Does anyone know if the tickets are linked to a registration number or can any car use them? I assume (sadly) yes.
 jon 23 Jun 2014
In reply to MG:

> 1) Does this mean you have to buy the 10 tickets and then wait a month before using them? Seems odd if so.

No. They are effective tout de suite.

> 2) Does anyone know if the tickets are linked to a registration number or can any car use them? I assume (sadly) yes.

No they are not linked to one car.

James FR 23 Jun 2014
In reply to MG:

It's been badly translated into English, the slightly clearer French version says "Il s’agit d’un abonnement valable pour 10 passages à effectuer au cours d’une période de 24 mois consécutifs en plus du mois de validation."

This means 10 trips over a maximum of 24 months, with the 24-month period starting the month after you first use it.

I don't think the tickets are linked to a reg number but I'm not completely sure.
OP MG 23 Jun 2014
In reply to MG:

Thanks both.
 Rip van Winkle 24 Jun 2014
In reply to James FR:

Or put it another way, you get the rest of the month in which you buy the ticket "free", then another 24 months. So buy as early in a month as you can!
 Alex Buisse 24 Jun 2014
In reply to James FR:

> I don't think the tickets are linked to a reg number but I'm not completely sure.

I am, I use the 20 runs ticket all the time, and it's not linked to a specific car.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...