UKC

N Face of Col Superior de Pain de Sucre

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy Wild 03 Jun 2020

In Rebuffet's 100 best climbs in the mont blanc massif he mentions in his description of the N face of the Pain de Sucre the N face of the Col Superior de Pain de Sucre and says it is not often done. I did in in summer 1972, and have often tried to search for ANY info about anyone else who has done it, but with zero success. The final couloir to the top was steep and in poor condition. Has anyone else done and what did you think?

jon 03 Jun 2020
In reply to Andy Wild:

Maybe ask John Wilkinson (jcw).

jcw 04 Jun 2020
In reply to Andy Wild:

Hi Andy.i have several pictures of it with seme writ up scattered around in my gallery

OP Andy Wild 05 Jun 2020
In reply to jcw:

Hi JCW

Thanks a lot for your reply! Forgive me for asking, but what is your name? You have some brilliant pics on your gallery. Some faces and names I recognise and knew from centuries ago! Thats amazing you were climbing till recently!! I thought I was doing well at nearly 71, but seems not ! I found a full frontal of the col superior de pain de sucre in your gallery, thanks. Did it in '72. Bit of a trial as conditions in final couloir were bad. I see you knew Ron James and Mo Antoine. I worked as an instructor at PYB in the early '70s for a couple of years. Pete Boardman was there and we had some good times. Its all a million years ago....where did it all go!!

All the best

Andy Wild

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...