UKC

Partner needed for Aconcagua january 2012

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Ivan Braun DK 21 Oct 2011
Hi all

I just recently "lost" my partner for the planned trip to Acon in january 2012 - he just learned that he has heart issues and is grounded for 4-6 months

Plan
Start January 5 in Mendoza
18-20 days to/from Mendoza (plenty of times to sit out bad weather if needed)
I'll take a bus to Buenos Aires, have a few RR days (depending on time spent on Acon) and fly back to Europe from there

I'm fine in doing the normal route /False Polish Glacier, Aconcagua for me is High Altitude testing (planning to do Cho Oyu in august 2012), so a safe way up high is more important than doing the Glacier for instance

Budget
My current budget shows that its doeable at 1.100-1.400 USD per person (flights to/from mendoca excluded)

Me
Im 43, strong and fit, experineced from the Alps and just summited Mt kenya and Kilimanjaro last month in perfect style
¨
You
I'm looking for a good, strong reliable and fun partner to acompany me.
- we could be more than 1 person (would reduce some of costs per person)

Interested in joining?
drop me an email at ivan@recoverit.dk describing you, your experiences and ideas.

Lets bag this mountain together!
Ivan Braun DK 26 Oct 2011
@bump
only got a one reply, but waiting on follow up
No one heading to Acon ?
Sean Flynn 10 Nov 2011
In reply to Ivan Braun DK: Hi Ivan you reckon it costs 1000 -1400 usd? Is that with a company or solo.?
Sean
 JR 10 Nov 2011
In reply to Ivan Braun DK:

Try Ackbar Syed. He did lots of the logistics for our trip to Broad Peak earlier in the year. He's going in Jan.

Speaks perfect English and a great guy...

http://aocncagua2012.blogspot.com
Rolfe Oostra - 360 Expeditions 14 Nov 2011
In reply to Ivan Braun DK:
> Hi all
>
> I just recently "lost" my partner for the planned trip to Acon in january 2012 - he just learned that he has heart issues and is grounded for 4-6 months
>
> Plan
> Start January 5 in Mendoza
> 18-20 days to/from Mendoza (plenty of times to sit out bad weather if needed)
> I'll take a bus to Buenos Aires, have a few RR days (depending on time spent on Acon) and fly back to Europe from there
>
> I'm fine in doing the normal route /False Polish Glacier, Aconcagua for me is High Altitude testing (planning to do Cho Oyu in august 2012), so a safe way up high is more important than doing the Glacier for instance
>
> Budget
> My current budget shows that its doeable at 1.100-1.400 USD per person (flights to/from mendoca excluded)
>
> Me
> Im 43, strong and fit, experineced from the Alps and just summited Mt kenya and Kilimanjaro last month in perfect style
> ¨
> You
> I'm looking for a good, strong reliable and fun partner to acompany me.
> - we could be more than 1 person (would reduce some of costs per person)
>
> Interested in joining?
> drop me an email at ivan@recoverit.dk describing you, your experiences and ideas.
>
> Lets bag this mountain together!

Hi Ivan,
just to let you know that if you havent found a partner for the big A yet then you are more then welcome to join us on our expedition. The dates match fairly closly!
Best regards Rolfe
 Irn Bruce 01 Dec 2011
In reply to Ivan Braun DK: Hi Ivan, I'm currently in Mendoza and have just been up Acon so just to let you know that the ascent permit for that time of year will be US$1000 alone. Hope that your budget can accommodate this. Good luck!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...