UKC

Slovenia - trying to identify a mountain?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BrightEyes 06 Jun 2018

Hello!

I recently went on a short trip to Slovenia (beautiful country!) and spotted a range with two fairly high peaks whose name(s) I'm struggling to identify. I'm not very (remotely) knowledgeable about mountains/mountain ranges so I was wondering if someone could help out? 

If you are looking at a map of Ljubljana and look at the airport, it is to the right (so, the Kamnik–Savinja Alps I believe) and has what appears to be two peaks and between them, there is a rock face running down that looks like a giant shot a canon ball through it/them.

I thought maybe both Jezersko Combe and Grintovec?

Many thanks!

george570 06 Jun 2018
In reply to BrightEyes:

Hi BrightEyes,

I was there a couple of months ago and it is such a beautiful place. If you went to the top of the tower at Ljubljana Castle, you would have seen markings on all the windows naming all the visible peaks!

Google Earth and its 3D tool is such an incredible thing. Its funny, looks very similar to how you described it! I didn't get to visit that area so its just a guess from what you said!

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Jezerska+Ko%C4%8Dna/@46.3212366,14.5128...

OP BrightEyes 06 Jun 2018
In reply to george570:

Ah - I was at the Castle but missed the markings on the windows (damn it) and didn't even consider using the Google Earth 3D tool!

They have to be it. The Google Earth image looks very much like the image I took (if only we could directly upload an image to posts).

The range looks really nice too. I'll be wasting hours looking around this way now..

Am pretty sure Google is Earth's true overlord. *shrugs*

Thank you!

Post edited at 22:54

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...