UKC

Suggestions for 6000m peak Nov 21 other than Nepal

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rick Asher 18 Sep 2021

Hi, following on from yesterday's announcement to keep Nepal on the redlist we may have to abandon our hopes for an independant trip to Cholatse, Nepal.

We have Nov booked off work and are looking for an objective any where in the world that avoids a 10 day quarantine period on return to UK and would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks in advance

alasdair19 18 Sep 2021
In reply to Rick Asher:

Not sure of specific peaks but the garwal and kumoan areas of India are immediately to the east of Nepal and have similar weather patterns. Pilgrim routes go high into the mountains so approaches aren't too long. Beaucratic speed may be a barrier. A good fixer who knows where money needs to be paid is probably essential.

Rob Parsons 18 Sep 2021
In reply to alasdair19:

> Not sure of specific peaks but the garwal and kumoan areas of India are immediately to the east of Nepal ...

That should read: 'west of Nepal.'

alasdair19 18 Sep 2021
In reply to Rob Parsons:

Your right that'll teach me to post first thing in the morning. ..

L.A. 18 Sep 2021

At present India is still not issuing Tourist Visas This may possibly change next month but there are also different interpretations of quarantine rules travelling between states Personally Id not be looking at India for November The IMF are not renowned for speed.

Pakistan whilst being a much colder option than Nepal at that time of year may be a viable alternative with less requirements for permits etc

Post edited at 09:42
OP Rick Asher 18 Sep 2021
In reply to alasdair19:

Thanks Alasdair, yes, India is potentially an option however having never visited the country or know of anyone with in country contacts, I may struggle to find a suitable objective in such short notice

Trangia 18 Sep 2021
In reply to L.A.:

> The IMF are not renowned for speed.

My thoughts exactly.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...