UKC

Via Ferrata Hire Equipment

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rank_Bajin 26 Jul 2013
Can you hire Via Ferrata equipment in Chamonix.

Cheers
 MaranaF 26 Jul 2013
In reply to Rank_Bajin:

Yes but an energy-absorbing lanyard cost next to nothing to buy and just attaches to your climbing harness.
OP Rank_Bajin 27 Jul 2013
In reply to DemolitionRed:

I was under the impression the Petzl Lanyards or similar with crabs were expensive for what they are.

It's not something I'll be doing a lot of as it's just a day out with the family and don't want to buy them if I can hire at a reasonable cost.

Any ideas where I could hire them in Cham?

Ta
 MaranaF 27 Jul 2013
In reply to Rank_Bajin: If you buy them in the UK they are expensive, if you buy them in France they cost very little.

There are hire shops in many of the villages and towns. Just pop into one of the smaller sports shops and ask. If they don't do it they will know a person who does. Also some of the VF,s will do them.
 ben b 27 Jul 2013
In reply to DemolitionRed: About 40 euros for a set so not cheap for a whole family....

b
 wilkesley 27 Jul 2013
In reply to ben b:

That's why we hired them when we went to Italy. Try the big shop near the Midi station, forgotten what it's called. They hire gear. I hired bots and crampons for the children from them.
 wilkesley 27 Jul 2013
In reply to wilkesley:

Sorry not very good directions It's on the main street directly opposite the station that goes into town.
 Lew13 27 Jul 2013
In reply to Rank_Bajin:

Snell sports in town hire gear.

I'd be very surprised if they didn't hire VF kits out.
 Nemo9 28 Jul 2013
In reply to Rank_Bajin: Hi, if you are planning on doing the VF Curalla just above Passey there is a cafe near the start that hires out VF lanyards.Dont know how much they charge. I bought a set from Technique Extreme in Chamonix. Think they cost about 25 euros.
trollman 02 Aug 2013
In reply to Rank_Bajin: cafe at passy is 8 euros to hire , great route too

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...