UKC

Winter holding on in the Alps

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 HikeandClimb 13 Jun 2013
Howdy folks...

A few lost souls are off to Cham next week and the conditions are not great for our intended fun and games... too much snow.

Does anyone have any info on conditions in the Ecrins?
Or suggest other alternatives for alpine fun (excluding skiing).

Cheers.

A.
 Lunar25 13 Jun 2013
In reply to HikeandClimb: There is less snow on some dolomites routes when compared to cham albeit still not great
 Martin Haworth 14 Jun 2013
In reply to HikeandClimb: I am in the Ecrins now and the weather is great. There has been a lot of snow this year but conditions are shaping up nicely now.
 marie_p 14 Jun 2013
In reply to Martin Haworth: Exactly what I wanted to hear! Am heading to the Ecrins tomorrow. Do the mountain routes seem likely?
Cheers,
Marie
 OwenF 14 Jun 2013
In reply to Martin Haworth:

Good news! I've been keeping an eye on camptocamp conditions reports and been considering taking skis for my trip on 4th July!

Any further updates would be great
In reply to HikeandClimb: hope it does sort it's self out I'm heading over there on Tuesday to chamonix glowing to take two mates up mb. Wind and temperature is good but still forecasting bits of snow
 Blinder 15 Jun 2013
In reply to mountain.walker: Just spoke to my Neighbour who is a guide, he was saying that the Wessimess will still need another couple of weeks to be doable on foot. But still good on skies. So thinn the same would hold true for MB

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...