UKC

Your Alpine mutipitch recommendation

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 douwe 20 Jul 2020

Please recommend me your favorite Alpine multipitch away from the crowds. In Switzerland first week of September.

Looking for something which doesn't need much acclimatisation. Around 6a obligatoire, classic and away from the crowds would be an extra bonus!

I've previously done Salbitschijen South Ridge, very pleasurable experience. West Ridge is tempting but the character of the route (crack climbing) is keeping me off. Would be nice to hear about experiences on this route?

Last years' trip was the Zinalrothorn South East Ridge, great but less acclimatisation would be preferred.

Thanks in advance

JSTaylor 20 Jul 2020
In reply to douwe:

Miror de l’Argentine, e.g. Directe 5b, 12 pitches  - plus at least other 10 routes on the slab... might meet your needs?

Rick Graham 20 Jul 2020
In reply to douwe:

Inwyler-Bielmeier (6a+)

Cover route of extreme alpine rock.

Expect a bolt instead of the peg in the photo.

Post edited at 19:07
OP douwe 20 Jul 2020
In reply to JSTaylor:

thanks!

OP douwe 20 Jul 2020
In reply to Rick Graham:

Looks brilliant, I hadn't heard about it before. Thanks!

cb294 20 Jul 2020
In reply to douwe:

Have you considered Gastlosen in Fribourg? Mofre than 1000 routes at any difficulty from scrambles up to multipitch 8a horrors, some trad but mostly sport.

John Cuthbert 20 Jul 2020
In reply to douwe:

take a look at what can be accessed from the Albert Heim hutte above the Furka Pass. Wonderful spot.

John C

JamieH 21 Jul 2020
In reply to douwe:

http://www.filidor.ch/Pages/Book.aspx?Id=33 
CH Plaisir Selection is surely the guidebook for you. 115 routes to choose from, and every one a coconut! The route topos and info are the meticulous work of Sandro von Kanel. 
If you acclimatise to granite slabs, something like Septumania at Eldorado is quite a sporting treat. 

OP douwe 21 Jul 2020
In reply to cb294:

Thanks, will take a look.

OP douwe 21 Jul 2020
In reply to John Cuthbert:

Good one, thanks. I've climbed at Furka but from Siedelenhütte, good times.

OP douwe 21 Jul 2020
In reply to JamieH:

Thanks!

Toerag 21 Jul 2020
In reply to douwe:

Tjekel's ticklist is worth a look https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/set.php?id=3927

OP douwe 21 Jul 2020
In reply to Toerag:

Thanks

shickading 22 Jul 2020
In reply to douwe:

Motorhead on Eldorado off the Grimsel pass is one of the best low grade sporty trad routes in Europe.

dan gibson 27 Jul 2020
In reply to douwe:

You never have to queue at Wendenstocke... 

Or try Glectchersymphonie on the Wellhorn, 20 pitches, upto 6c but about 6a oblig. 

AlanLittle 27 Jul 2020
In reply to shickading:

Does it meet the "away from the crowds" criterion? I haven't been there, and tbh one of the things that has put me off is the assumption that it must be nose-to-tail because it's such a famous mega-classic.

AJM 27 Jul 2020
In reply to AlanLittle:

I think when we did it there was one other party on it...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...