UKC

FS: Books (inc. Let's Go Climbing,) & guides (Boulder Britain, Meteora)

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Tom Loughlin (user since 02/Jan/08) 11 Oct 2021
Price: £40.00

Clear out of the garage has yielded these not-used-in-ages books. Prices include postage, certainly open to offers round and about these figures

Boulder Britain - 1st Edition (2011) - used and creased on cover but spine and pages throughout in good condition - £10

Meteora and Theopetra (2017 version) - never used! £10

'Let's Go Climbing' by Colin Kirkus (1946 second edition) - really nice example, all neat and tidy £10

Mountain Craft by Geoffrey Winthrop Young (1954 edition) - a bit tatty on the edges of the cover but some lovely photos inside and the pages/ spine are in good condition £10

Cheers, Tom 

Stringy 11 Oct 2021
In reply to Tom Loughlin:

I've sent you PM re Lets Go Climbing.

Is this the same Meteora that was in ITV program with Fred Sirieix , Gordon Ramsey and Gino Di Campo?

Meteora and Theopetra.

Tom Loughlin 12 Oct 2021
In reply to Mountain Spirit:

I'm not sure, I haven't seen the programme you refer to. Seems pretty likely, I think it's quite well-known for the monasteries on the sandstone spires. I had really wanted to head out that way but a combination of work, family and covid intervened! Seems unlikely I'll ever head out that way now but the climbing looks amazing: a mix of modern sport climbing and more like 'bolt protected trad climbing' runout-style routes.

It's this guide:

Sport Climbing Guide - Meteora and Theopetra by Vangelis Batsios (goodreads.com)

I would love to buy your copy of Lets Go Climbing if you've not sold it

Hello.

I think we are taking about exactly the same place. They visited a monastery and met some Greek Orthodox nuns.

> I'm not sure, I haven't seen the programme you refer to. Seems pretty likely, I think it's quite well-known for the monasteries on the sandstone spires. I had really wanted to head out that way but a combination of work, family and covid intervened! Seems unlikely I'll ever head out that way now but the climbing looks amazing: a mix of modern sport climbing and more like 'bolt protected trad climbing' runout-style routes.

> It's this guide:

> Sport Climbing Guide - Meteora and Theopetra by Vangelis Batsios (goodreads.com)

Tom Loughlin 12 Oct 2021

Let’s go climbing - sold (sorry Sam and Ben)

Boulder Britain - sold

still available

Meteora guide book

Mountain Craft by GWY

The Push by Tommy Caldwell (paperback, read once, never likely to read again) £6 posted 

Tom Loughlin 12 Oct 2021
In reply to Mountain Spirit:

That’s interesting. Are you trying to suggest Gordon Ramsay might want to buy the Meteora climbing guide off me?! 

I am not sure he is a climber and if he plans to go back with Fred and Gino.

Tom Loughlin 13 Oct 2021

More clear out has yielded:

Fontainebleau Climbs, the Baton Wicks guide by Jacky Godoffe et al - £10 posted or a sensible offer 

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...