UKC

Sold: Scarpa boots size 44 and Simond trousers Medium

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 angry pirate (user since 19/Sep/08)  UKC Supporter 21 Feb 2021
The seller has now marked this as sold

Price: £85

A combination of lack of time, lockdown and arthritis means that I haven’t used my winter kit in a while and I’m thinning out kit that is gathering dust.

Scarpa B3 boots with Yeti gaiters. Size 44. £60 including postage and PayPal

These are a great pair of budget winter climbing boots. They are the older style Triolet model with 3.2 mm reversed Anfibio leather and step-in compatible B3 Vibram soles. The uppers are made from one piece of leather to reduce seams and prevent water ingress.  Great for Scottish winter and have been brilliant for ice climbing. They come with Berghaus Yeti Gore-Tex gaiters fitted for extra toastiness. The yetis are size 42-43 but do fit the boots. They can be glued on for extra old school action but I haven’t done so.

Simond mountaineering softshell trousers size Medium (approximately 32”) £25 including postage and PayPal

These have almost legendary status as winter softshell trousers. Toby A’s brilliant review here:

http://lightfromthenorth.blogspot.com/2013/03/simond-alpinism-pants-review.html 

They are a heavyweight non-membrane stretch fabric with internal gaiters, thigh venting and braces. Reinforced patches on the inside of the ankles to prevent crampon tears. There are two tiny holes (stitched up) on the inside of the calves (see photo) where I have deftly missed the patches but otherwise they are in good condition. Warm enough on their own for general winter mountaineering or layered over powerstretch tights for cold days out (I have been happy in these at -20 in Rjukan).

They are a size Medium which equates to 78 – 81cm on the label) I am (or at least was pre-lockdown) a 32” waist with 33” inside leg and these fit really well.

More photos of both here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/tcE2AhpipVUPy3Ev9 

In reply to angry pirate:

Boots sold.

Trousers still available.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...