UKC

/ FREE: Tips for Climbing Coaches & Self Rescue books

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
PM on 24 May 2018 - user since 05/Sep/03

Having a book clear-out. I figured that these two are probably better cast into the ether here than given to a charity shop.

First book is this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tips-Climbing-Coaches-Paul-Smith/dp/1906095205

I worked as an instructor for a while, and this book was a good source of fresh ideas, and a reminder of some more obvious ones. The book's postcard-sized, with 300 tips.

-----

Second book is this one: https://www.amazon.com/Climbing-Self-Rescue-Improvising-Mountaineers/dp/089886772X

It's quite technical, with an American slant, so for example there are a lot of Munter hitches, rather than Italian hitches.

-----

Free to whoever pings first, hopefully some impoverished instructor candidates or something. I'm happy to pay the postage. To share things out a bit, I'd like to send each book to different people, so even if you want them both, please just pick the one you want most. Ta.

Post edited at 18:16
Danbow73 - on 24 May 2018
In reply to PM:

Hi

I'd be interested in the coaching book if it's still available?

Many thanks

Dan

PM on 24 May 2018
In reply to Danbow73:

Yep, zap me your address with the e-mail link thing and I'll post it tomorrow. Cheers.

aspiratti on 24 May 2018
In reply to PM:

Hi PM

I'm interested in the self rescue one.   Munters included.

Thanks T

PM on 24 May 2018
In reply to PM:

All being well (i.e., if both the folks above send me their addresses), both of these books are now gone. Thanks for your interest.

PM on 25 May 2018
In reply to Danbow73:

Hi Dan,

I sent you an e-mail, but no reply yet. Maybe check your junk folder?

tingle - on 25 May 2018
In reply to PM:

Second incase you dont get a reply for the rescue book

PM on 25 May 2018
In reply to aspiratti:

Self-rescue book is in the post.

PM on 26 May 2018
In reply to Danbow73:

Self-rescue book is on its way, but Dan's not got back to me (via e-mail) with address details, so the Tips for climbing Coaches book is on on offer again.

Danbow73 - on 26 May 2018
In reply to PM:

sorry! It went to my junk, have DM'd you know if it's still available

PM on 26 May 2018
In reply to Danbow73:

Got it, thanks. Will stick it in the post on Monday.

PM on 29 May 2018
In reply to Danbow73:

Coaching tips book is now in the post. Had intended to post it yesterday, but bank holiday = Post Office closed.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.