/ Wanted: 90's Karrimor Hot Rock/Earth with pole pockets

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Mattilda (user since 16/Oct/15)07 Nov 2019

Hi,

I'm looking for a Karrimor Hot rucksac from the 90s with pole pockets, ideally in red, but not too fussy! (Well I am, but it seems impolite )

Matt 

dontfollowme 07 Nov 2019
In reply to Mattilda:

I have an Alpiniste from the late 90s. Would it have them? (it's in the loft)

flour 08 Nov 2019
In reply to Mattilda:

There's one on that well known auction site. Karrimor elite hot earth 40

Mattilda 08 Nov 2019
In reply to flour:

Thanks, looks a bit fancy and late for me, going super simple, 90's style!  Have an alpiniste which I use for cragging, bit big for what I'm looking for. (Most favourite rucksack ever, but that's partly association and memory, growing up in the 90s!!)

Thanks for help!!!

Exile 08 Nov 2019
In reply to dontfollowme:

If you cant get an original Aiguille Alpine will probably make you a copy.

leon 1 08 Nov 2019
In reply to Exile: I suspect its the closest youll get to the Hot Rock but it doesnt have a Karrimat

https://www.aiguillealpine.co.uk/product/rucksacks-bags/rcrgnt/

Siward 08 Nov 2019
In reply to leon 1:

It says 'removable bivi mat' in the specs? In any event I'm sure aiguille would put one on if one wanted. 

leon 1 08 Nov 2019
In reply to Siward:The Karrimat on a Hotrock was rigid and made a great back support.(foam with a malleable metal stave in it as I recall) AA sacs bivi mats are just the usual slightly floppy closed cell foam.(well they are on two of my sacs)

Post edited at 14:52
Prof. Outdoors 08 Nov 2019
In reply to Mattilda:

Blimey, it makes me want to get our my Karrimor Joe Brown. This was a 40 litre sac like the Hot series but slightly simpler. Very, very faded but still useable.

I think the slightly reinforced removeable back support was called a Format?

NathanP 08 Nov 2019
In reply to Mattilda:

Sorry this is turning into a Hot Rock appreciation  thread rather than what you hoped for.

I had a late 1980s Hot rock - brilliant, simple, 30l sack in red and grey. Some thieving @£$% stole it from the UMIST minibus parked by a Rusholme curry house on our way back from a Scotland trip. Stupidly I fancied a change and bought something different as a replacement and, by the time I realised my mistake, it was too late and they no-longer existed. 

Good luck finding one but I think you may have to settle for a modern interpretation of the idea.

Toerag 09 Nov 2019
In reply to Mattilda:

Karrimor still do them:-

https://karrimorsf.com/product/sabre-30/

I have an old yellow one with the slotty side pockets, but it's probably too worn out for you.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.