UKC

/ Wanted: Avalanche transceiver

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Sam W - on 18 Mar 2018 - user since 19/Oct/04

Heading to Italy at Easter and need a transceiver for my wife. All the friends I wold normally borrow from are also skiing, so looking for a cheap second hand option. Can be a basic model, but does need distance and direction indicators.

TheGeneralist - on 18 Mar 2018
In reply to Sam W:

Where you based?

Sam W - on 18 Mar 2018
In reply to TheGeneralist:

Ludlow, Shropshire

TheGeneralist - on 18 Mar 2018
In reply to Sam W:

Ah Righto. I'm in Manc. Otherwise I could have loaned you one*

Sorry

*back corries permitting 

Sam W - on 18 Mar 2018
In reply to TheGeneralist:

No worries, thanks for the offer

Blank on 18 Mar 2018
In reply to Sam W:

I have an Ortovox 3+ that is surplus to requirements.   My plan was to be a responsible vendor and send it away to be serviced and then sell it in time for next winter but it is yours for £100 plus postage.  Please be aware that it will need a service before next winter though. 

Post edited at 17:41
Sam W - on 18 Mar 2018
In reply to Snoweider:

Possibly interested, but trip is in a couple of weeks so unlikely to get service completed and returned before then.  Is the service just a check it's working properly?

Also making me think about my 11 year old transceiver, which has never been serviced.

Blank on 18 Mar 2018
In reply to Sam W:

Service is an essential part of transceiver maintenance. Ortovox recommend that the 3+ is serviced after the warranty expires (5 years), which will be next Oct so in theory it doesn't need one before you go away. After that it will require servicing every 2 years.  More info here: https://www.ortovox.com/uk/services/emergency-equipment/avalanche-transceivers/service-form/

There is some cosmetic damage to the trim but it doesn't affect the operation of the transceiver.  Can send photos if you are still interested. 

Sam W - on 19 Mar 2018
In reply to Sam W:

Still looking

joshtee25 - on 19 Mar 2018
In reply to Snoweider:

Hi, sorry to hijack (or free bump, depending how you think of it) but Snoweider I'd be interested in your transceiver if youa re still interested in selling it?

Thanks

J

Blank on 19 Mar 2018
In reply to joshtee25:

Sent you an email! 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.