UKC

Wanted: Black diamond storm or Petzl actik core

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 stormylolol (user since 28/Jan/21) 11 Jan 2022

As per the title please!

Thank you 

Run_Ross_Run 11 Jan 2022
In reply to stormylolol:

Petzl. Had both makes an B D quality was really Poor. 

In reply to Run_Ross_Run:

Weird, I have no complaints about my BD Storm, it's been completely reliable, whereas I've lost several tikka-type petzl torches to water ingress.

To the OP: if you're buying secondhand pay attention to the year of manufacture. LED technology has improved dramatically over the last few years to the point where older torches are significantly worse on brightness and battery life than current models.

stormylolol 11 Jan 2022
In reply to stormylolol:

My apologies guys! I meant I was looking for either of these two models, dont mind which. 

The reviews for what ive seen on both seem pretty damn good and I dont really have much prior experience with either brand, bar fiddling about with those old Petzl bulb torches with the big battery pack  

Thanks for the heads up about that though @pancakeandchips I would never have thought to consider that

Kimberley 11 Jan 2022
In reply to stormylolol:

Just messaged you.

andyd1970 12 Jan 2022
In reply to stormylolol:

I’ve got a Petzl Activ core and the buttons crap. Sometimes it doesn’t work until I’ve had about 3 or 4 attempts and then I really have to dig my finger in to press the button.

I have just switched to a Lifesystems intensity 500 and love it.

Really bright and comes with several settings apart from the Red mode colour.

Comes with a removable battery the same and the Petzl core and can also take batteries.

Plus the Lifesystems is only £30 on Amazon 

Post edited at 08:26

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...