UKC

/ Wanted: CT Click Up Belay Device

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
ProtonSL on 10 Feb 2018 - user since 17/Jun/17

Hi All,

I have become rather keen on the CT Click UP after using one all week on a trip. Has anyone got one they wish to part with?

Happy to swap for a great condition GriGri 2 or cash.

Cheers

GridNorth - on 10 Feb 2018
In reply to ProtonSL:

Did you not find that it twisted the rope.  I have one and love it apart from this annoying tendency.  I'd be keen to hear other peoples experiences with this device.

Al

ProtonSL on 10 Feb 2018
In reply to GridNorth:

I found it no worse than other devices I've used to be honest. Used ropes from 9mm to 12mm and saw no difference. 

Ciro - on 10 Feb 2018
In reply to GridNorth:

I've heard this complaint before online, and always found it odd as I've never experienced a problem myself - the alpine-up has been main device for several years of living in the van in Spain, and a few of the partners I met along the way used the click-up. 

There must be some subtle thing in the way some people orient it that makes a difference?

keith sanders - on 11 Feb 2018
In reply to ProtonSL:

Great belay devise used one now from the 1st month they came out not had many problems with it kinking the rope apart from my own fault of uncoiling a rope wrong when new.

This is the main reason you get rope kinking Lap coiling of ropes has made this a hell of a lot better and easier.

It's like any other belay devise you need to get used to it , the down side I go through at least 2 screw gates a year even the CT hardened new one you buy with the devise, but I do climb well over 500 sport routes a year with it plus my wife also .

I am waiting for CT to bring out a Stainless protected Karabiner similar to the Edelrid but with a belay loop spring .

keith s

Post edited at 11:29
bust3r - on 12 Feb 2018
In reply to ProtonSL:

Hello mate, I've got one I don't mind parting with along with the original krab, saw very little use.Only catch is that I'm flying out to spain tomorow 7am. Will be back on the 21st, drop us an email and I'll send you some pictures

Post edited at 10:59
Chris Calow - on 12 Feb 2018
In reply to ProtonSL:

Hi, I have one, in great condition hardly used. Happy to swap with your GriGri.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.