UKC

Wanted: Garmin Watch

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 James Malloch (user since 08/Apr/09) 24 May 2023

I’m looking to replace my old Garmin watch which will only connect to a satellite once in a blue moon.

Probably looking at Garmins as I’ve always used them.

Requirements are:

• Small face (like Fenix 6S) as I’ve got little wrists.
  • Has metronome feature (think most of the newer running watches have this)
  • Reliably and quickly connects to satellite (i.e. works well)
  • Music capability would be nice but not a deal breaker
  • Ability to Navigate with it would also be nice (map upload and follow a route with the watch) but also not a deal breaker

If you have a spare one sitting around which fits the bill then let me know.

Dave Baker SP5 24 May 2023
In reply to James Malloch:

I have a good condition FR245 if it's useful to you.  It's been sat in my drawer since I upgraded to a F6.  Works well, but no music and only breadcrumb nav (no maps).

afx22 24 May 2023

Hi James, I have a 5S Plus Sapphire at home that I'm, yet to get round to putting up for sale.  Glass is in perfect nick, bezel is scratched and it's on its second strap - a 3rd party one.  Battery typically lasts around 2 to 3 days, depending on settings, activity and temps.

Philip 25 May 2023

The 645 Music is a pretty nice watch. Latest firmware update was only a few month ago, despite being an old model.

I'm considering upgrading mine just for some additional features. Would consider selling for the right price.

Dark-Cloud 25 May 2023

I have a Garmin Fenix 5, none S version but they are not that big, the battery isn't what it used to be but still gets a decent amount of activity logging in HR and GPS modes on, let me know if interested.

OP James Malloch 30 May 2023
In reply to afx22:

> Hi James, I have a 5S Plus Sapphire at home that I'm, yet to get round to putting up for sale.  Glass is in perfect nick, bezel is scratched and it's on its second strap - a 3rd party one.  Battery typically lasts around 2 to 3 days, depending on settings, activity and temps.

Not sure if my emails have been sent, but what kind of price would you be looking at for this?

In reply to Dave Baker SP5    And Philip:

I dropped an email to you both too - not sure if they have come through?

In reply to Dark-Cloud:

It’s not that much difference, but on my tiny wrists the slightly bigger ones look even more out of place 😂

afx22 31 May 2023

> Not sure if my emails have been sent, but what kind of price would you be looking at for this?

Hi James, no email has come through and no notifications on the site here.  Computers eh.

Not sure on price.  I'd need to look at what they go for (on the obvious auction site) and sell if for a bit less than the going rate.  I've just had a look and the prices of the ones on there are all over the place.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...