Loading Notifications...

Wanted: Softshell trousers to fit 28" waist

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 duckweed (user since 16/Jul/18) 11 Jan 2021

Hello,

Looking for some softshell pants to fit a 28" waist.

Pref dark colours but will be happy with any

Thanks!

Mark Stevenson 12 Jan 2021
In reply to duckweed:

Ridiculously hard to find at the best of times

I managed to find some really good TNF ones in their outlet stores many years ago and stocked up on multiple pairs. Should last me another decade.

Good luck trying to find some, unfortunately I can't even offer any up to date recommendations on makes/models as quite frankly, I've just not seen any despite spending more time than I really should browsing gear shops...  

duckweed 12 Jan 2021
In reply to Mark Stevenson:

Thank you, I have enough trouble finding normal trousers I like as it is! 

I think I might just have to buy a 29" pair and use a belt/wear leggings underneath to pad them out a bit I guess. Simond has a pair that look quite good and that are pretty inexpensive so that might be something I have to look into

John Ww 12 Jan 2021
In reply to duckweed:

Wanted - 28” waist, to fit trousers from when I left school

Mark Stevenson 12 Jan 2021
In reply to duckweed:

In recent years I've had quite a few items of outdoor clothing altered and repaired. I eventually found a great local place who were happy to attempt my random requests (hoods reduced in size, ripped bouldering trousers patched repeatedly, down jacket zips replaced, trouser legs/ankles slimmed down, base layers converted to a T-shirt etc.. ) and they've generally done an excellent job.

I haven't had any trousers altered at the waist but it might be worth considering... 

PS it's not softshell but I forgot to say previously, I've finally found great stretch jeans from Prana who do various models in 28" waist and different leg lengths. Although I ended up going direct to Beyond Hope who are the importers as not many retailers were stocking the full size range. 

Post edited at 11:59
 CB 12 Jan 2021
In reply to duckweed:

Don't know if its what you are after but i have a pair of Craghopper Nosa-Life Zip offs that are supposed to be size 30 but are not. They changed their sizing a while ago and these were bought to replace a favourite pair but are too small. Could measure waist flat and leg length if you want ?

mike123 12 Jan 2021
In reply to duckweed: Was going to say decathalon, but it seems not ,that's me telt . < wanders off twitching and talking to self, 28 ? 28 ?   >

dab 12 Jan 2021
In reply to duckweed:

Montane do XS 28" waist (with 30" inside leg).

Post edited at 17:12
 duckweed 12 Jan 2021
In reply to CB:

Think I'll pass, sorry. I have a pair of zip offs at the mo which is what I always wear, but wanted something like the simond pair of more hardy use.

duckweed 12 Jan 2021
In reply to mike123:

Yeah the decathlon ones are the simond ones as far as I know. Only one inch in it, might just take the gamble or wait until the stores are open to see if they fit properly without just doing a hail mary

duckweed 13 Jan 2021
In reply to duckweed:

Anybody know what the difference is between womens and mens fit trousers? Im p skinny so I might fit okay into female offerings?

Post edited at 20:38
 thetwin 13 Jan 2021
In reply to duckweed:

Casual observation would suggest that women and men are a different shape in the area from the waist to knees. Currently regulations preclude a more detailed study. 

shuffle 13 Jan 2021
In reply to duckweed:

I’m a woman but occasionally buy men’s trousers. Women’s fit tend to be cut with more difference between waist and hip/seat, often sit a bit lower on the waist and usually are slimmer in the leg. 

duckweed 13 Jan 2021
In reply to shuffle:

Thank you for the detailed insight, think I'll wait to find a men's pair if women's are traditionally lower waist :/ absolutely detest that!

Post edited at 22:28
In reply to duckweed:

https://www.mountain-equipment.co.uk/collections/mens-trousers/products/ibex-mountain-pant

28" showing as available in the 'broadleaf' colour in short, regular and long and the 'anvil grey' colour in regular and long.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.